So, it’s moving day, and things have gone great — so far. The delivery guy showed up on time, there was no traffic, and everything arrived at your new destination in one piece. Or so you think. When you open one of your storage boxes, you notice something. Your dishes have been smashed, and there are chunks of ceramic everywhere. This wasn’t your lucky day, after all.If you’re moving soon, make sure this doesn’t happen to you. Here are some tips for packing dishes.
Packing Dishes for Moving
- Buy some packing paper. (You can find this in most hardware stores.) Cut off a sheet and lay it across a flat surface like a dining table or desk.
- Place a plate in the center of the paper. Fold each corner of the sheet until it completely covers the plate.
- Repeat this process for each of your plates.
- Next, place bubble wrap on the sides of a large storage box. This should prevent plates from smashing during transit.
- Place your covered plates in the storage box.
- Wrap your storage box with strong tape and write “Delicate Items” on the side. This will remind your moving company to handle these items with care when loading and unloading them from their trucks.
Is There an Easier Way?
Hiring a professional to pack your dishes is a good idea. These experts will carefully pack your plates and keep them safe until it’s time to move. As a result, you won’t have to worry about packing, and you can concentrate on far more important things